Friday, September 18, 2009

I pledge allegiance to the flag

"I pledge allegiance to the flag
of the United States of America
and to the republic for which it stands,
one nation,
under God,
indivisible
with liberty and justice for all."
With hand covered hearts, several thousand citizens of the United States of America, in Salt Lake City, Utah, in the tabernacle on temple square, at the Constitution Day Concert tonite (September 18, 2009) declared their allegiance to the country our flag stands for. Never have I had the experience I had tonite as we made that pledge. It was as if the founding fathers themselves were witnessing God's hand in creating the seed bed for the freedoms and privileges that have made this country free and great. I tingled from toes to the top of my head and then the tingle flooded over through my eyes -- their witness kept resounding and resounding through the pledge of the voices of those in attendance. The world's choir (The Mormon Tabernacle Choir) was inspiring as always with their 6 rousing patriotic songs. Governor Gary R. Herbert encouraged us to do our part in sustaining and upholding what our fore fathers struggled to create. God bless us all with the knowledge and strength to do what will keep our country free.

No comments:

Post a Comment