Friday, June 1, 2012

June 1 - The bottom line/morning



Started June PhotoadayJune and am combining it with a list Cheryl and I are calling: 
New Heart Awakenings for June.  
We created this list with a desire to become more like our elder brother Jesus Christ.

So this is the basic combining thought that came up for me:  These are the morning pictures I finally had time to take around noon.  ”The bottom line” is if I hadn’t been up so late last nite I could have been up early enough to take morning pictures!!!  Council given in the scriptures to retire to bed early.  I also checked out the April 2012 General Conference.  I found this in Pres Dieter F. Uchtdorf's talk:

The Bottom Line
This topic of judging others could actually be taught in a two-word sermon. When it comes to hating, gossiping, ignoring, ridiculing, holding grudges, or wanting to cause harm, please apply the following:
Stop it!
It’s that simple. We simply have to stop judging others and replace judgmental thoughts and feelings with a heart full of love for God and His children. God is our Father. We are His children. We are all brothers and sisters.
When I first read this I thought of it as it relates to myself.  I need to stop judging and comparing myself to others.  I want to "Stop It" and use my efforts in more positive ways.  I also want to be able to see the people around me more like God sees and loves them--something like the pictures I've posted.

Here are the 2 lists I'll be working with.


New Heart Awakenings for June
1
the bottom line
2
face
3
vision
4
tender mercies
5
fish
6
guide
7
He truly loves us
8
hair
9
light
10
a child shall lead them
11
crimson
12
dove
13
submit
14
Love of God
15
mountains to climb
16
contentment
17
charity
18
music of faith
19
faith
20
crystal
21
special lessons
22
crown
23
dancing
24
seek learning
25
arise and shine
26
sacred
27
lost may be found
28
happy are we
29
darkly

30 service

Add caption
I'm going to clean these lists up at a later date cause I want to go to bed early so I can get up early!!!!

See you tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment