Monday, June 4, 2012

Up Close/Tender Mercies

Can’t help getting up close to little beauties like these I see everyday!

David A. Bednar helps me to understand who receive tender mercies.  “To be or to become chosen is not an exclusive status conferred upon us.  Rather, you and I ultimately determine if we are chosen.   God does not have a list of favorites to which we must hope our names will someday be added. He does not limit “the chosen” to a restricted few. Rather, it is our hearts and our aspirations and our obedience which definitively determine whether we are counted as one of God’s chosen.”

So as I look close up at a flower – I sense a tender mercy and witness of God through the beauty of the flower.  The flower is also a recipient of tender mercies because it is fullfilling the end for which it was created.  In so doing, it has been obedient to its purpose.

I hope I can make choices that will allow me to be chosen to receive tender mercies.  I hope I can be obedient to my purpose!

No comments:

Post a Comment